I'm trying to compile a list of the various statements that ministers come out with that give the impression that something will be done about a specific issue but which in fact contains no commitment to act on the issue itself. Feel free to add to it.
1) We are identifying the problem
2) We are examining the problem
3) We have commissioned a report
4) We have received a report
5) We will be releasing the findings in due course.
6)We're awaiting the translation of the report
7) We are examining the findings of the report
8) We are reviewing the actions necessary in the light of the report.